XR-1 Stainless Collector Muffler
XR-1 Stainless Collector Muffler; Center/Center; Standard; 2.375 in. Inlet; 4.5 in. Outlet; 18 in. Body L; 20 in. Overall Length; 6.75 in. Dia.; T-304 Stainless Steel;
- Body Height: 6.750 in.
- Body Length: 20.500 in.
- Body Width: 6.750 in.
- Inlet Connection Type: Pipe
- Inlet Inside Diameter: 2.380 in.
- Inlet Outside Diameter: 2.380 in.
- Inlet Position: Center
- Inlet Type: Single Center
- Main Piping Diameter: 2.375 in.
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Muffler Count: 1
- Outlet Outside Diameter: 4.500 in.
- Outlet Position: Center
- Outlet Type: Single Center Outlet
- Overall Length: 25.500 in.
- Shape: Round
- Tip Quantity: 0
- WARNING CA Proposition 65: Yes
- WARNING CA Proposition 65 Message: WARNING: This product in the physical form it is sold does not present a hazard. However; operations including; but not limited to welding; brazing; or thermal cutting can expose you to chemicals including Chromium; Nickel; Cobalt; Arsenic; Cadmium and Lead which are known to the State Of California to cause cancer; birth defects and other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Patented Multi-Core Technology
- Designed To Replace Open Header Collector
- Merge Collector And Muffler In A Single Unit
This is the HOT set up in drag racing. This patented, award and race-winning vacuum Wave Collector was designed to replace your current open header collector and serves as a power producing merge collector and muffler -- all in a single unit. The technology in this unit results in pulling air through the engine faster, which creates more power. When an exhaust valve opens, an energy wave is created from the expanding combustion gases. When this wave encounters a lower pressure area such as a larger collector pipe or the atmosphere, a reversion wave is reflected back toward the exhaust valve. Borla's Vacuum Wave Collector Muffler ensures this wave's 'anti-node' reaches the exhaust valve at the precise time for its lower pressure to help fill the combustion chamber with a fresh charge and to further extract spent gases from the chamber via a vacuum effect. Made with the same patented, award and race winning flow through design as the Standard XR-1(R) Collector/Muffler. This muffler, however, is designed for door car applications where a Standard size Collector/Muffler is too large. This muffler is recommended for Full Chassied Cars. Accepted in NHRA, IHRA, Hot Rod Series, Brackets, Super Chevy, and NSCA. Recommend for high horsepower applications. T-304 Stainless steel will never rust. 100% welded construction for strength. T-304 stainless steel wool for sound control. Best of all, it's made in the USA. Just what you'd expect from the world's most experienced (and most winning) exhaust brand.
BORLA(R) PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIES is the pioneer and leader in the design and manufacture of premiumT-304 austenitic stainless steel performance exhaust. We began over four decades ago as a manufacturer of exhaust systems for such "concours classics" as Rolls-Royce and Ferrari cars and have evolved into the premier manufacturer of today's performance vehicles for the street, off-road, and racing.