Exhaust System Kit
American Thunder Crossmember-Back Exhaust System
American Thunder Crossmember-Back Exhaust System; Dual; Dual Rear Same Side Exit; 2.5in. Tubing; Incl. Super 40 Series Mufflers/4.25x2.25in. Angle Cut Oval Tips; AluminizedSteel;
- Catalytic Converter Included: No
- Color: Black
- Exhaust Series: American Thunder
- Exhaust Type: Dual
- Exit Position: Dual Rear
- Exit Style: Straight
- Heat Shield Attached: No
- Inlet Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Inlet Inside Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Material: Aluminized Steel
- Mount Type: Flanged
- Muffler Count: 2
- Muffler Part Number: Kit Only
- Muffler Series: Super 40 Series
- Muffler Type: Welded Baffle
- Outlet Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Outlet Outside Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Shape: Oval
- Single or Dual: Dual
- System Type: Crossmember Back
- Tail Pipe Diameter: 2.500 in.
- Tip Diameter: 2.250 in.
- Tubing Diameter: 2.500 in.
- WARNING CA Proposition 65: Yes
- WARNING CA Proposition 65 Message: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Mandrel Bent 16 Gauge 409 Stainless Tubing
- Moderate Exterior Exhaust Tone
- Moderate/Aggressive Sound
- Incl. Hangers and Hardware For Easy Installation
- Crossmember Back System
- Dual Rear/Side Exit
- Dyno Tuned for Maximum Performance
- Premium Flowmaster Quality
- Famous Flowmaster sound
- Patented Delta Flow Technology
- Includes Polished Stainless Tips
Flowmaster's American Thunder Cross Member Back exhaust system for the 1965-1968 Chevrolet Impala and Caprice is perfect for the person looking for an aggressive sound level inside and outside of the car, with all of the performance benefits that you would expect from Flowmaster. This bolt-on DOR (Dual Out Rear) system features aluminized Super 40 Series mufflers and dual 2.50" tailpipes with a welded H-Pipe assembly. The system is finished off with a pair of 4.25" x 2.25" polished oval stainless steel tips. Like all Flowmaster systems, the pipes are all mandrel bent to reduce any restrictions and maximize performance. The system is covered by Flowmaster's 3 year Limited Warranty. Designed for an easy fit, this system includes all necessary parts and hardware for installation. Note: On Big Block cars, Flowmaster's 81075 Down Pipe kit can be used to connect to factory manifolds.
Flowmaster operates the only exhaust Research & Design facilities of its kind in the world, centered around the SuperFlow SF-7100 engine dynamometer complete with E.C.A. (engine cycle analysis) equipment and also SuperFlow chassis dyno's. Through use of these dyno's, Flowmasters engineering staff can track the complete engine cycle in millionths of a second and can obtain exact technical data of each degree of cam rotation, from induction to the tip of the exhaust system, while also showing the power numbers that really matter, the power numbers to the ground. Flowmaster also utilizes Spectrum Analyzers to fine tune the sound of each of the eleven different series of mufflers that Flowmaster currently offers, both for peak performance and just the right sound levels and tones. Flowmasters product line includes exhaust products for Performance Street, Muscle cars, Trucks, Street Rods, RV's, Motorhomes, and all types of race applications. With over 400 different muffler models, 370+ exhaust systems and numerous exhaust accessories available, Flowmaster offers you the choice of sound to fit your sound preference from wild to mild and of your specific vehicle needs. Call our experienced tech staff for live help and detailed information regarding your vehicles. With Ray still active and hands on with the R&D department in the development, not only of new exhaust products, but also with new technologies currently being tested in third and new R&D facility, the future looks to be very exciting indeed.